SPO600 - Final Thoughts

Hey here's a last minute blog post to try and bump up the number of blog posts for April. It's really just a sort of a farewell to this course and some of my thoughts on it. 

Overall this course was really neat. I had never worked with assembly language code before and it was certainly something. Honestly it feels really restrictive and generally difficult to work with but it was definitely an enjoyable experience. Though I can't say it's something I want to continue in. But learning more about the compiler and it's optimizations is definitely something I'll take away from this course. I never had the compiler explained to me in any depth before, hell I didn't even realize -Wall meant turning on all warnings. I just always read it very literally as wall and gave it no thought. It was always just something I was told to type to run my program but no one had ever offered any deeper explanation into it (nor did I even think to ask) so it was a cool thing to learn. 

Besides that I learned about blogging. It might be silly but honestly blogging like this is quite anxiety inducing. I often find myself unsure of what to be saying in these blog posts and still don't and the only thing driving me to write this down is just to boost my mark, because I know I already lost 10% of my grade not making any blog posts in the first two months. If I did have to make any feedback notes for this course it would be about the blogging. Seeing some example blog posts or something would have likely helped but I do want to stress that at least for me, blog posts are sort of really stressful. 

Anyways that's all. Last thing I do want to say to the professor is thank you helping me choose a package to work with for the final project. I really really appreciate the help and overall you've been a great professor. Wishing you all the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SPO600 Project - Stage 1: Selection

Lab 4 - 64-bit Assembly Language Lab - Part 4